Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Goats Milk Soap Beginings

After suffering with eczema/dermatitis for as long as I can remember, seeing doctors countless time and using the creams and lotions they prescribed which would provide relief for that outbreak but only until what ever it is that triggers it happens again, I decided to try some Goats Milk soap, which I had heard many people who were in the same boat as me tying numerous creams and lotions, never being able to find a solution.

Well a friend sent me a couple of bars of "80 acres" Goats milk soap, which I was quite impressed by. I gave a bar to a cousin who had just had a baby and had a bit of eczema, and two other children who suffer from sensitive skin, she too was quite impressed with it. My auntie also oowed and ahed when she saw the soap, she too had tried Goats Milk Soap before and loved it.

Now that I was starting to get a bit of a following to the Goats Milk soap, I tried to contact 80 acres to see if I could get some more, but for reasons unknown to me my requests kept going unanswered, so in looking elsewhere I found Aussie Soap Supplies have a Melt and Pour goats milk soap, made for sensitive skin so no SLS and other nasties that many people react to. So I got together a few family members and put in an order, luckily the soap which comes in a kg block is already soap shaped so it is just a matter of cutting a slice off and there you have a bar of soap.

Now I am quite happy with the Aussie Soap Supplies soap, nice soft lather and very gentle, I have no problems with using it on my face, and leaves your skin feeling nice and soft, but still clean, and others who have tried it also like it, the only problem is that with Aussie Soap Supplies you have to make a minimum order of $40 (1kg of melt and pour Goats Milk Soap is around $15) and then pay postage on top of that. Now that still works out a lot cheaper than a lot of what I managed to find on the Internet, but I don't like it when I find something that I like and then it stops being stocked or they change the recipe or as I have just found out they put thier prices up, so I started looking into making my own, after all if these ones I had found were handmade then why couldn't I handmake it?

No comments:

Post a Comment